Job title: State Coordinator (Child Protection)
Location: Assam, West Bengal Jharkhand,Bihar,Orissa, Gujarat,Punjab,Haryana, Rajasthan,Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra,Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh,Andhra Pradesh, Telangana,Goa,Tamil Nadu, Kerala,Karnataka,Uttarakhand
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
About About Bachpan Bachao Andolan (BBA)
Bachpan Bachao Andolan (BBA) is India’s pioneering grassroots movement to combat child labour, child trafficking and other forms of exploitation of children. It spearheads the crusade for access to quality education and justice. Founded by Nobel Peace Laureate Shri. Kailash Satyarthi in 1980, the organization strategically employs tools of victim assistance, legal aid and support, grassroots child participatory models and policy research, to create a child friendly society.
The focus of this project is to build robust, accountable and sustainable institutions of child protection, as a means to ensure access to justice and the overall implementation of Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2015 and the corresponding rules. This will be achieved by enhancing internal capacities of the State Legal Services Authorities (SLSAs) and State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCRs), and facilitating coordination between their functions.
The State Coordinator (Child Protection) will be responsible for providing technical support for strengthening implementation and monitoring of child protection policies in the State.
Job Description (Role Expectations)
The role will entail and not be restricted to the following responsibilities:
- Strengthen the monitoring of implementation of the JJ Act, CLPRA, RTE, PCMA, BLSA and Trafficking related laws and the corresponding rules.
- Implementation of UNCRC and international conventions and policies regarding child rights.
- Assess quality of services in childcare institutions and identify gaps and adherence to minimum standards of care.
- Identify new avenues for conducting research and innovation in child protection in the State, for policy and its implementation.
- Build consensus with state and district level stakeholders and building focus and attention on child rights issues in governance.
- Active engagement and network building with government agencies, and assistance in matter of policy related to child rights.
- Ensure coordination and convergence in activities regarding prevention, protection and rehabilitation by all child protection agencies, within the state and with other states.
- Take cognizance of individual cases of violation of best interest of child, and extend remedial measures.
- Build network with relevant people/agencies other states for better coordination and best practice sharing.
- Take up activities for overall strengthening of the Commission.
Competencies for the role:
- Functional knowledge: Understanding of the areas of work the organization works in (child rights)
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Teamwork: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Self-driven: Consistently maintain high levels of activity or productivity and operate with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
Education, Experience and Exposure
A post graduate in social work, law, social sciences or related fields from a recognized university
Experience & Exposure:
6-10 years of relevant experience of working in development sector in the field of child rights.
Ability to drive to action - can 'make things happen'
Strong interpersonal skills and public relation skills.
Language and Communication:
Strong writing and language skills, in English and a regional language (Hindi or any other)
Bachpan Bachao Andolan is an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Salary is commensurate with qualification & experience.
Contact details: email@example.com