Job title: State Coordinator (Institutional Building)
Location: Bihar, Goa
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
About About Bachpan Bachao Andolan (BBA)
Bachpan Bachao Andolan (BBA) is India’s pioneering grassroots movement to combat child labour, child trafficking and other forms of exploitation of children. It spearheads the crusade for access to quality education and justice. Founded by Nobel Peace Laureate Shri. Kailash Satyarthi in 1980, the organization strategically employs tools of victim assistance, legal aid and support, grassroots child participatory models and policy research, to create a child friendly society.
The focus of this project is to build robust, accountable and sustainable institutions of child protection, as a means to ensure access to justice and the overall implementation of Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2015 and the corresponding rules. This will be achieved by enhancing internal capacities of the State Legal Services Authorities (SLSAs) and State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCRs), and facilitating coordination between their functions.
The State Coordinator (Institutional Building) will be responsible for providing technical support to state and district legal enforcement systems including police and prosecutors, act as the essential link between investigating officers and prosecutors and monitor child protection systems (e.g., ensure compensation for rescued children.)
Job Description (Role Expectations)
The role will entail and not be restricted to the following responsibilities:
- Identifying the status of child protection in the State and identifying issues at state and district level.
- Networking with law enforcement and child protection agencies, to collaborate on issues of prevention, protection, prosecution and rehabilitation of children.
- Identifying challenges within individual agencies, and in inter-agency coordination in rendering services, and assisting agencies to collaboratively arrive at short-term and long-term solutions.
- Coordinating the functions of the legal aid cell on child rights including access to case representation and follow up of cases.
- Taking cognizance of individual cases and extending legal support.
- Ensuring adherence to child friendly procedures at all levels during rescue, investigation and trial in cases of crime against children.
- Taking up initiatives for legal awareness, literacy and empowerment, especially women and children.
- Identifying gaps in enforcement and training and developing linkages for addressing them.
- Providing assistance to government agencies in all matters concerning protection, prosecution and rehabilitation of child survivors.
- Ensuring coordination and convergence in activities regarding prevention, protection and rehabilitation by all child protection and law enforcement agencies, within the state and with other states.
- Alliance building with NGOs and grassroots organizations and extending legal support.
- Building network with PoCs of other states for better coordination and best practice sharing.
- Processing documentation, data recording and maintenance, and reporting of input, activities, outputs, outcome, challenges, impact, and best practices and overall coordination with Central Office.
- Taking up all activities for overall strengthening of Legal Services Authority, and enabling focus on child rights.
Competencies for the role:
- Functional knowledge: Understanding of the areas of work the organization works in (child rights)
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Teamwork: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Self-driven: Consistently maintain high levels of activity or productivity and operate with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
Education, Experience and Exposure
A post graduate in social work, law, social sciences or related fields from a recognized university
Experience & Exposure:
6-10 years of relevant experience of working in development sector in the field of child rights.
Experience and passion for Child rights
Ability to drive to action - can 'make things happen'
Strong interpersonal skills and public relation skills.
Language and Communication Skills:
Strong writing and language skills, in English and a regional language (Hindi or any other)
Bachpan Bachao Andolan is an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Salary is commensurate with qualification & experience.
Contact details: email@example.com