1. ASSENT AND ACCEPTANCE
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Depending on the type of communication or transaction, the “Personal Information” shall mean and include, inter-alia:
- Contact information and preferences such as your name, postal address, zip code, telephone number, organization name, parents’ names, email address, emergency contact number; and
- Payment related information such as credit card and/or bank information, or billing information, Permanent Account Number (PAN); and
- Biographical and demographic information such as gender, date of birth, language, nationality, marital status educational and professional qualifications, areas of development and/or sectoral interest, sexual orientation; and
- Site user’s social media handles, photographs and content shared with us, photo ID, feedback and comments provided to us on our social media platforms, and audio and/or visual recordings of online events; and
- Device information such as your unique device identifier and device IP address, as well as information about device’s operating system, mobile carrier and your location information; and
- Any other information that you provide on the website and are reasonably understood to be personal in nature or would be considered as Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information under law.
The information is collected by the Organization through:
Head Office: L-6, Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019 (contact no. 011 – 49211111)
Registered Office: L-6, Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019 (contact no. 011 – 49211111)
Site users may be asked to provide Personal Information when visiting this Site, making donations, making grants, making pledges, requesting communications, entering into correspondence, making inquiries, providing feedback, submitting a complaint, participating in events whether recorded or otherwise, processing refunds, sharing content with us, applying for a job, internship or a volunteering program (whether remunerated or otherwise) with the Organization, and/or in connection with other Organization business/programs (whether it is via the web site, e-mail, direct mail, telephone or other means of communications).
Except in accordance with the legal purposes, provisions and reporting, AVA does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to provide us with their Personal Information without parental or guardian consent. If it is discovered that the Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 has been collected without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will destroy that information as expeditiously as possible. If you believe information from or concerning anyone under the age of 18 have been transmitted to us for purposes other than as expressly allowed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. USAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information provided by Site users are used for
- Providing Site users with personalized services and improving user/visitor experience;
- Designing, providing and enabling Organization activities, events and campaigns;
- Operating the Site and understanding its use, for statistical purposes (number of site visits, average time visitors spend at the site, etc.) and security purposes;
- Managing and processing inquiries, registrations, donations and others interactions with Site users;
- Sending Site users the information requested by them or consented to be received by them;
- Process, manage, complete and account for transactions;
- Sending related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, newsletters, security alerts;
- Maintain records for promotional activities and/or submissions made by users;
- Comply with legal obligations of the Organization.
5. INFORMATION SECURITY:
AVA is dedicated to the security of all Personal Information transmitted to us via any medium. Information about our Site users is an important part of our operations and we take due care to protect the same.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, transmission, processing and disclosure of Personal Information as required by law.
6. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Personal Information may be shared internally in order to complete your donations or purchasing transactions, to contact you about our on-going work, discuss employment opportunities, for audits and record-keeping, for fulfilling reporting requirements as required by law, to track visitor trends and behaviour, evaluating Site operation, improve user experience, facilitate provision of User-requested information, research in the course of our work and/or to discuss ways that you can further support our efforts/initiatives. Your Personal Information may also be used to provide you access to restricted/personal sections of our Site.
The Organization may share, rent or exchange donor names and postal address with third parties, and as permitted by law.
Organization shall not share your Personal Information with third parties without your prior written consent other than:
- With third parties who work on our behalf provided such third parties adhere to the data protection principles set out in the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 of 2000) and other applicable legislation, or enter a written agreement with the Organization requiring that the third party provide at least same level of privacy protection as is required by such principles;
- To comply with laws, respond to lawful requests and legal process or as part of the mandatory legal disclosures;
- With Government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information including sensitive personal data or information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
- In an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person; and
- For the purpose of a business deal, (or negotiation of a business deal) involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding)
7. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Site can be browsed anonymously without provision of Personal Information, except as for availing certain services, resources and features or for making transactions on the Site. While browsing, the Site’s operating system may automatically record some general information about your visit such as the date and time of your visit to the Site (and the address of the previous website if you linked to our Site from it), basic browser information, and the “hit” number on our Site. This information is not Personal Information, and we do not link it to Personal Information that you provide us.
We may share your non-Personal Information publicly and with our partners and related entities.
We may also use third-party applications to track, monitor and analyse information that is not personally identifiable to users about how they interact with our Sites.
AVA generally stores your personal information on servers located in India (to edit your information contact us at email@example.com. In addition, AVA may store your information in order to comply with applicable laws/regulations, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, reporting requirements, cyber security purposes, protect Organization interests including for Organization-linked entities, pursue legitimate business purposes, process refunds, maintain organizational and correspondence records and to enforce our agreements.
9. CHANGES TO YOUR PRIVACY PREFERENCES AND/OR INFORMATION
If you would like to change your privacy preferences, review the information you have submitted, or withdraw your consent for any information that you have submitted, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Organization shall retain the information provided by you at the time of registration for a period of 180 days after any cancellation or withdrawal of registration by you.
This is notwithstanding that, if AVA has published, disclosed or transferred said information to the general public or a third-party within the terms of the consent provided at the time of intimation, AVA will not be liable for such publication, disclosure or transfer. If this withdrawal of consent affects the Organization’s ability to provide you with services, resources or features available on the Site or that you have otherwise contracted for or requested, the Organization will no longer be liable for providing such service, resource or feature.
10. WEBSITE LINKS
Cookies are small text files widely used to make websites work more efficiently for visitors, and to provide information to the owners of the site that helps them improve user experience.
Using cookies is a very common practice and helps us to give you the best experience possible on the Site. Cookies are harmless and cannot be used to run programmes or deliver viruses to your computer.
- Remember certain information about users so you don’t have to give the same information again;
- Understand how people use our Site so we can improve the way information is provided. This information is not Personal Information and is used to track trends and behaviours, gathering data such as date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the Site, and the site visited just before and just after AVA Site;
- From time to time, display advertisements based on parts of the Site you have visited or interacted with;
- Prevent fraudulent activity;
- Improve security.
However, some product features and services provided by AVA require you to accept cookies in order to be able to use the particular functionality or service. These cookies are used to establish a link between the user and the application server. The cookies contain unique session IDs, and no user data is stored on the cookies.
12. COPYRIGHT PROTECTION
All content on this Site including graphics, trademark, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images, trade dress, know-how, copyright and software are the Intellectual Property of AVA and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of the Organization and is protected by Indian and international applicable laws. Permission is given to view the resources of this Site only for the purposes of making enquiries, making donations or placing an order for the purchase of AVA products. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the express prior permission of the Organization. All other trademarks, brands and copyrights other than those belonging to AVA belong to their respective owners and are their property.
13. DONATION REFUND POLICY
AVA takes the utmost care to process donations as per the instructions given by our donors, online and offline. However, in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous donation or if the donor would like to cancel his donation, AVA will respond to the donor within 7 working days of receiving a valid request for refund from the donor. The timely refund of the donation will depend upon the type of credit card/banking instrument used during the transaction. The donor will have to send AVA a written request for a refund within 2 days of making the donation to bba.org.in or email email@example.com along with:
- Proof of deduction of the donation amount.
- In cases where the donation receipt has already been issued to the donor, the donor will have to return the original receipt to us at our office addresses: L-6, Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019
- If the tax exemption certificate is already issued, we will not be able to refund the donation. However, in case of a valid refund request due to any error on the part of the Organization, we will refund the donation and bear the costs of the same.
- International donations will need minimum 10 days for the refund process.
15. GRIEVANCE OFFICER
Grievance Officer name: Aman Mittal
Grievance Officer email: Aman@bba.org.in
Grievance Officer correspondence address: L-6, Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019
Provided that if the complaint is under Rule 3(2)(b) of the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021, the complaint should be submitted by email with “Complaint under Rule 3(2)(b) of the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021” in the subject line, and the grievance shall be addressed within the time period stipulated by law.